Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sprechen Sie Deustch?

So, my goal for this blog is to talk about poetry in general, and publish some of my own poetry specifically. However, I will digress today.  I am on a mission to learn to speak German (Deustch).

So What's the Scenario?!
Basically, my daughter is going into her third year of German immersion (Waddell Language Academy) this year and my son will be starting his first year of German immersion.  I am quickly have already fallen behind my daughter.  She can truly converse in German already and the best I can do is ask for soap.  Now that my son is going to start, I've gotta get my behind in gear.

Wilkommen Zu Deustchland
Soon, my wife and I will have to make a decision on whether my daughter (and eventually my son) will go on an exchange trip to Germany.  I'd like to be able to speak German at least conversationally by then.  So this is my plan.  I'm going to try to learn German by writing poetry in German.  What do you think?

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment on the post.

Peace

3 comments:

  1. By the way, my daughter helped edit my German on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I iced in Germany when I was 9 and remember a lot, and I had a blast. Just last year the family and I spent a week in Germany. I say all that to say this. When it's her time to go, let her she will enjoy it, and remember it for the rest of her life. There is so much history there that she may learn that are not in books, and castles to see. Learn brother b/c all I remember is Godentag, salt and prefer. (ask her if I said it right)lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You funny. I know that's not how you spell it! Thanks for the advice.

      Delete