Tuesday, July 24, 2012

How I Published My First Book

This time last year, I published my very first book, Between The Trees.  This was a book of poems that I compiled over a ten year period of time.  I'd thought about publishing before, but I didn't know of a lot of options for publishing.  However, last year, I came across a website that would help me get my book published in a relatively short amount of time, Lulu.com.

Lulu.com was great because . . .

Between The Trees
Between The Trees
- I was able to upload my book file, 
 
- design the cover, and
- get a copy of my book.

Lulu.com was great in offering me tools and help that would allow me to create a professional book. The help sections even walked me through setting up a proper table of contents and what information needed to go on the copyright pages, etc...




And the nice thing about Lulu is that they have different distribution packages you could use. They even have a way for you to get your own ISBN number and publish print and ebooks on Amazon.com.




I'm in the process of publishing a second book of poems. I will use Lulu.com again. I highly advise any aspiring authors to take a look at Lulu.com and I'm sure there is a package for you.




Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment