Friday, July 22, 2011

..and who's greedy?

So, I've been reading about the NFL lockout, players versus owners.  Greedy billionaires versus greedy millionaires.  Blah, blah, blah.  I started thinking, who is really greedy?  The answer is.....

Everybody!

All these guys are doing is trying to secure more money for themselves.  Isn't that what we all are doing?  Aren't we all trying to make as much money as we can, regardless to how much we have already?  Isn't this what upwardly mobile yuppies and buppies do?  Don't they continue to climb the corporate ladder, not just for position or self-gratification, but for MORE MONEY?  This is what we do in America!  We are conditioned to keep trying to move up the proverbial ladder in order to reach a quintessential state of attainment that is above and beyond that of our peers.  The American Dream!

So, I'm not mad at the players, or the owners, for that matter.  I want football, but if it did not happen this year, I'll be okay coaching my middle schoolers and maybe even taking in a high school game this year.  Nothing about the NFL can compare to the energy of a high school football game anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment